Wellington Health & Wellness Center
CHIROPRACTIC CARE - PHYSICAL THERAPY - MASSAGE THERAPY
What Causes Scoliosis Pain?
Scoliosis is the malformation of the spine, causing it to curve sideways to one side or the other. This curvature will cause uneven posture and irregular movement, and may lead to back pain or scoliosis pain. While many scoliosis patients may not experience back pain because of scoliosis, back pain derived from incorrect posture and movement can affect a person over the years. Scoliosis pain can easily go from nearly undetected to excruciating if scoliosis treatment is not administered on time.
The easiest way to determine when scoliosis is present is to observe the posture of a person when standing. People with scoliosis will often present the following symptoms:
- One shoulder higher than the other
- One shoulder blade sticking out more than the other
- One side of the ribcage looks higher than the other
- One hip appears higher than the other
- An unevenly leveled waist
- The body appears to tilt to one side
- One leg may appear shorter than the other
In order to determine for sure that these are scoliosis symptoms and not caused by anything else, an X-ray of your back will reveal the shape of the spine.